Freewallet finally supports USDT on the Ethereum blockchain in addition to its OMNI mainnet. Now Freewallet users can deposit, store and manage ETH Tether on web, Android and iOS devices.
Wait why does USDT have several blockchains?
USDT is a stablecoin which is pegged to the American Dollar. The idea behind USDT is to create a non volatile cryptocurrency which also doesn’t depend on a single blockchain. Today Tether runs on Ethereum, Tron and their own network – OMNI blockchain.
What USDT networks are supported by Freewallet?
Freewallet supports two of the three blockchains: the original OMNI blockchain and the Ether blockchain.
So how to distinguish between them on Freewallet?
- USDT running on OMNI is called Tether
- USDT running on Ethereum is called USDT20 like ERC20
Please note that these two coins will have two different balances. So if you have 100 “Tether” coins it doesn’t mean that you also have 100 “USDT20” on your account.
USDT20 on Freewallet
USDT20 is available on Freewallet: Crypto Wallet for the web and Android. There you can:
- Manage the USDT20 coin and 100+ other cryptocurrencies in a single application.
- Track the exchange rate of USDT20 with real-time price charts in USD or other fiat currencies.
- Protect your coins with top-notch security features including 2FA, multisig and transaction limits. The majority of assets are kept in cold storage providing strong protection of your coins against any potential hacker attacks.
If you have any questions about USDT20, feel free to contact our support team.